Matched pair, imprinted letter sheet and envelope
Antique, imprinted, unused matched pair, that includes a piece of 5 x 6 1/2, stationary, with illustration of the Chapel of Pennsylvania Lutheran College, Gettysburg, Pa., with printed title below. The envelope which measures 5 1/8 x 3 1/4, has the exact same illustration as that of the letter sheet. Complete with back flap. Both items are evenly aged and in excellent condition. Very desirable Gettysburg items.
WBTS Trivia: The chapel was part of the Pennsylvania College campus, in Gettysburg, that was founded in 1832. It was later renamed Gettysburg College. Located on a ridge west of the town, it became a focal point of the fighting on the first day of the battle, July 1, 1863. The college buildings including the chapel were used as field hospitals for wounded Union and Confederate soldiers during and after the monumental 3 day battle of Gettysburg.