8 1/2 inch long coin silver serving spoon with maker's mark of Hyde & Goodrich in rectangle on the reverse, and monogrammed with initials in fancy script on the top of the handle on the reverse. Light wear and scattered tarnishing.
Hyde & Goodrich were superior silver retailers and importers of high quality goods in New Orleans, Louisiana from 1828-1861. Originally located on Chartres Street, they moved their business to a very prominent location on Canal Street in 1853 which was marked by the famous golden pelican. They were a supplier to the Confederacy in the early days of the Civil War.